Wednesday 18 January 2012

Integrity - Septic Death Karaoke 7"

It is a well known fact that Integrity were heavily influenced by Septic Death. In the mid 90's, they decided to release an EP covering two of their songs; "Change" and "Thaw". I have no idea if this is actually true or not, but it is said that these are simply karaoke recordings. Instead of the band re-recording the entire song, Pushead's vocals have just been replaced with Dwid's. It doesn't matter to me either way. I mean this is Integrity covering Septic Death, what could be better?


Everything about this release screams Septic Death; the band logo has been made to resemble Septic Death, and the cover artwork looks just like "Somewhere In Time".
The reverse side and centre labels even uncannily resemble "Kichigai".
The version I have is one of the two versions from the first pressing. 100 were pressed on clear vinyl and 900 were on black. I'd like to say I have one of the clear ones, but sadly I do not. These are hand numbered, with mine being 576/900.
This originally came with a Bloodbook zine, but I guess the owner had lost that or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment