Monday 9 January 2012

Gehenna / Vegas Split 7"


As I've said in the previous post, I acquired this when I was purchasing the Roses Never Fade 7". The seller (who turned out to be T) made me an offer I simply couldn't refuse on this. I'm so glad that I decided on buying it. Just look at it.
This is the first item I had from Vedavu records, who I heard produced amazing packages. Whoever told me that was right, this release is nothing short of amazing. For starters, the artwork is gruesome as hell.
It is a picture of an eyeball being stabbed with shards of glass, which opens in the middle to reveal more shattered glass.
 Inside the eye we have a numbered and stamped dust jacket containing the record. There is also a two page insert detailing more amazing artwork, with lyrics on the reverse. I heard Vedavu encountered an unfortunate printing problem here, and the lyrics ended up being printed on the opposite piece of the insert. This really is the only minor flaw however.
It also came in a hand stamped and numbered dust jacket. Mine is 72/100.
Another nice touch is the OBI strip containing the eye. It is made of suede, and has very subtle artwork imprinted on it. It is probably hard to tell that from the first photo.
Lastly, but not least, this is a split from Gehenna and VVegas! Of course the songs are just what you would expect from these two giants, they destroy.

Oh yeah, and this came in one of those resealable plastic covers. Usually these are good, but not in this circumstance. When I was removing the record from the sleeve, the sticky part got stuck on the front cover! Of course this sleeve had to be particularly sticky, so a small (but nonetheless important) piece was ripped from the front cover. I was able to repair most of the damage, but it seems to be the only thing I can notice when I look at this amazing record. I'll never trust a resealable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment