Thursday 5 January 2012

Parasite - Metal Punk Massacre 10"

Hailing from Japan, Parasite are a 4 piece metallic punk group. This album is pure G.I.S.M worship from start to finish, which is of course fantastic. I can only find one fault with the entire release, I want more! Every song is great, but being a 10", it is just too short. Perhaps I'm just greedy...
MPM was released on Tadpole records, but I acquired this from Cyclone records, a distro in Japan. Man are these guys good. I received this in the mail so fast it made my head spin. Seriously, it was a matter of days after I ordered it. They also give the option of using recycled packaging, which I'm all for. Order something from them, you won't be disappointed.


Anyway, back to the record. The sleeve is a standard 10" gatefold (very punk), with some very menacing artwork done by the great artist, Brian VDP. 
Inside the cover we have a picture of the band playing. Even here you can see these guys are the real deal. On vocals, we have Masaki who is fitted in a studded vest which looks awesome.

Tying in nicely with the black on the rest of release, the record came in a black dust jacket, a nice touch. 

An insert was also included, well kind of an insert. It is more of an advertisement really, see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment