Friday 27 January 2012

Penetration Panthers - Perpetual 80s 7"

If Gehenna and The Stooges/Ramones were to have an affair, the illegitimate love child that would spawn would undoubtedly be Penetration Panthers. Part of the Cvlt of Seven Crowns, these guys play old-school skate style punk and do a really great job of it too. When I first heard "Wasted Mind" I was instantly hooked.
Two versions of this were pressed; black and white with pink splatters. I actually ordered the white/pink version, but got this in the mail instead. I was a bit disappointed but A389 has always been good to me, so I let it slide this time. 
Tossed inside the cover was an insert containing a great skating photo with the Penetration Panthers logo on top. It looks so much fun, I wish I had got into skating at an earlier age.
When you flip this over you are greeted to the lyrics to "Perpetual 80's". Quite a nice tidy package isn't it?
The word out there is that these guys will be releasing a full length LP before the end of days, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review!
    Send me an email and I'll make sure you get the right color sent free with your next order!!
    DR/A389

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review! Sorry about the mixup, it happens sometimes :(

    Send me an email and I'll make sure you get the right color sent free with your next order!!
    DR/A389

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I understand how these things can happen. Thanks, I'll be ordering again from you very shortly so I'll be sure to give you an email. This is truly great service!

      Delete