Friday 20 January 2012

The Misfits - Cough/Cool 7"

I'm sure that many would agree with me saying that The Misifts (at least during the Danzig era) are one of the best punk bands that ever existed. They play B-movie inspired horror punk, and what could be better than that? Cough/cool was the first 7" single released by the band all the way back in 1977. It is quite a bit different to their later material as it features electric piano instead of guitars. It is still awesome though.

There were originally 500 of these pressed on black vinyl, but it has been bootlegged and re-released many times over the years. I'm sad to say this is a bootleg copy, but more on that later.

The artwork is pretty simple here, it is just a black and white photo of the band.
The reverse is also quite simple, it's nice though. 
When I got this on Ebay, the seller said it was a "Fiend Club version" or some rubbish like that. I knew this wouldn't be true as I couldn't find any information about such a version anywhere. I could however find information about a certain bootleg on clear vinyl. Sure enough that was the copy I received. Lets see if anyone can spot the misprint on the centre label.

No comments:

Post a Comment