Monday 16 January 2012

GOUM - The Motherfetus 7"

I guess one would classify GOUM as a crust band. To be honest, I don't really care for endless genres and subgenres, all I know is that this band is AWESOME. They are from Japan, which really seems to be putting out some quality stuff. 
This EP contains 3 tracks totaling around 13 minutes. I was surprised to find they have a female vocalist, you would not be able to tell from listening to these songs.

I do like the artwork on this release, although I'm not really sure what it is about. It appears to be an eye looking down on a girl crying with bamboo stalks on the sides.
The record is on black vinyl and contains the band logo on the centre labels. I don't think I'd want the vinyl to be any other colour, it really fits the rest of the packaging.
 
 A lyrics sheet was also included, which contains the lyrics in Japanese and English (well kind of). It is not the best translation of the lyrics, but you get the idea of what they are trying to convey in their songs.
Inside the sleeve was all kinds of other things. I got a GOUM fabric patch (top right), stickers from Cyclone Records and Narm Discos and what appears to be a flyer for something. I guess these would be gigs, but I can't read Kanji so I can't really be certain.
These guys are really good, I urge you to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment