Tuesday 17 January 2012

Carpathian - Wanderlust 7"

Carpathian were a hardcore band from straight across the ditch. I first heard of them through a Deathwish sampler and I picked their first album on CD a couple of years ago. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad album but it not super spectacular. Fast forward a wee while and I again hear a new Carpathian song on a Deathwish sampler. I considered buying a copy, and when I heard that this release also featured a cover of Joy Division's  "Shadowplay" it sealed the deal. 
Much like the album, "Wanderlust" is not amazing. I didn't put it on and be instantly blown away, but it isn't half bad.


I feel the artwork is a bit boring here. It seems to be a picture of windows and doors or something.
I do however like the vinyl itself. The version I have is the first pressing on clear. I do always like clear vinyl, I reckon it looks pretty snazzy.
Also included was an insert with some gritty black and white photo of the band on the front, with the lyrics on the reverse side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment