Thursday 19 January 2012

Rot In Hell / Hordes split 7"

For one reason or another, you just don't hear about certain records for a long time. When you do hear about them it is all too late to place your order for a new copy. This is exactly what happened with this. Luckily I was able to buy this off a private seller and didn't need to troll through endless Ebay searches. 
After Millennial Psychosis, this was the next split to be released by Rot In Hell. You have probably noticed a trend with most of my splits, I only really get them for one of the bands and tend to disregard the other. Well, in this case this is only partly true. While the RIH side is definitely my favourite, Hordes still pack an almighty punch.

At a first glance, the artwork seems quite simplistic on this release. But after looking at it for a while I have really come appreciate it. I have even made a neat desktop background of it for those who are interested. (it is nothing flash, but I like it). It features 2 phookas from Celtic dolklore and the detail is really just great. The light brown colour of the background really creates the right mood. 
 The guy I bought this from was actually selling both the plain black and black/red versions of the record. At the time I didn't have an incredible amount of money, and I reckoned he would have asked a lot more for the red/black version. Thus I opted for the black one. Little did I know that he would alter sell the red/black on Ebay for roughly the same price as what I payed for the plain black. But that is in the past now.
Both sides of the record are almost identical, both centre labels contain the same octagon shape, although the patterns inside vary slightly.
Last but not least, we have the lyrics sheet.
 Both bands offered covers on this split. Hordes cover Entombed's "Wolverine Blues", while RIH cover Integrity's "Kingdom Of Heaven"., both of which are outstanding versions. They don't give the lyrics to either of the covers, although in different ways. Hordes simply says "Listen to Entombed", while Rot In Hell give this delightful sentence instead:
Damn right.

No comments:

Post a Comment