Wednesday 8 February 2012

Pulling Teeth - Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions 12" 2.0

So I've decided to rewrite this post. I found my original post to be too short, and not really worthy of such a phenomenal record. I may pinch a bit from the old post, but whatever.
This is Pulling Teeth's third full length album, and is considered my many (including me) to be best material put out by the band. In fact, this is actually my favourite record that I own. Although it is only 5 songs long, it manages to show off the entire range of Pulling Teeth's ability; from the blistering speed of "Bloodwolves" to the slow atmospheric  "Paradise Illusions" this album has it all. Another reason this is my favourite record, is because of the artwork. Two images were created for this album, one for Paradise Illusions, and the other for Paranoid Delusions. On the CD (which I also have), these are simply displayed next to each other. However, on this record, the two have been combined in one awesome holographic image. 
I found that the two photos really didn't do it much justice, so I have also done a wee video to really show it off. 
The vinyl itself also looks really great. It was initially released in two colours, red splatter (for paranoid delusions) and green splatter (paradise illusions). I acquired this well after the initial pressing, but was lucky enough to spot 3 left on the A389 webstore a while ago that were going for waaaay cheaper than on ebay. I think the colour was picked at random, and I got the green version.
On the floor this actually looks black, but you can see the colour better when it is held up to the light.
To make things even better, a massive poster of the artwork was also included, Man, what a package!

No comments:

Post a Comment