Tuesday 21 February 2012

Integrity - Evacuate Flexi 7"

A whole 20 years ago, the members of Integrity got together and recorded a set of four songs; Kingdom of Heaven, Rebirth, Eighteen and Evacuate. To commemorate the 20th anniversary of this event, as well as to keep the memory of the late David Aracha alive, this recording session has been pressed onto vinyl. The first three songs are on a separate 7" (which I'll post about later), while this track gets its own 7" flexi.
These were originally on sale at the A389 bash on red and black. The red version was severely limited; only 50 were pressed. Needless to say these were all sold pretty quickly. Luckily, 200 were also pressed on black, so there were still copies available to buy after the show.
At first I had no idea what on earth the centre picture on the flexi was meant to be, absolutely no clue. It makes me sound a bit thick, but I was honestly looking at it for a few minutes trying to figure out what it could be.
After a few frustrating moments I put the record down and I saw it on its side. It's gonna sound cliche, but it was one of those eureka moments when things finally make sense. When looked at from the side I could quite easily see it was a rendition of that face that Negative Approach used on their S/T EP. That makes sense seeing this is a Negative Approach cover. There is also a tiny Integrity skull on the right eye of the face.
I know this is a cover, but this really is one of my favourite Integrity songs of all time. It's great to finally have it on vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment