Monday 12 November 2012

The Love Below - Reproductive Rights 7"

I've finally got around to acquiring "Reproductive Rights". It was sitting on my wants list for a while, and I eventually decided I would seriously start putting my mind towards getting it. Of course I ideally wanted to get a copy of the more limited coloured version which by this time was all sold out. I did have a quick peek at the band's own online store, but they stated you may get coloured vinyl. I almost took the risk, but decided to have a look elsewhere first. Usually once I actually decide to start looking for something it can be hard to find. Rather luckily, this was not one of those times. After only a brief period of searching I came across a coloured copy on Ebay going for pretty cheap. I put a bid in and won it without a problem. Awesome!

It feels like a very long time ago that I actually first heard this EP, it was actually what got me into the band in the first place. It's not quite the masterpiece as "Every Tongue Shall Caress", but it was definitely good enough to catch my attention when I first heard it two years ago.
The band really have gone all out with the artwork on this one. ETSC may have been awkward to look at, but I think this is really quite visually offensive. Shock must really be what they were going for, and in which case the artwork is great. It ties in with the theme of the EP great as well; the line "I'm like a life support system for a cock" sums it up quite nicely.
Like I said, I was able to acquire a copy of the limited colour version. This is a great hot pink that really complements the colour of the artwork, with only 250 copies in circulation. There is also a regualr black pressing, which is still actually available from A389.
Inside the cover are the lyrics to all the tracks as well.

My searching for the record lead me to one of the more obvious places for second-hand goods; Ebay. The seller advertised giving something free away with every one of his auctions  but I didn't really expect him to honour his promise. True to his word though, he sent me this CD. At first glance I thought this would be some god awful early 2000s metalcore CD, but was pleasantly surprised to see it was a melodic hardcore album.
Granted it's not the best, but at least the price was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment