Friday 14 September 2012

Integrity - Those Who Fear Tomorrow CD

Most of the music I purchase is from online stores, generally direct from the label that released them or from Ebay. It is quick and convenient but things generally take a long time to arrive, and somehow it is just not the same as buying from a physical store. I find it is always quite exciting when you go to a music store, and they actually stock of a copy of what you are looking for. Even better is when you stumble across something you didn't even anticipate buying, which was the case with this CD. Usually I don't even bother looking at the CDs anymore, but I had some time to kill and decided to give it a go. Even rarer than me actually browsing the so-called compact discs is finding an Integrity release in-store. I know I already own a version of this iconic hardcore album on vinyl, but I just couldn't let this slip into the hands of somebody else. 
The story of this album starts over 20 years ago, back in 1991. It was first released on CD by Overkill records, and featured the classic Francis Bacon artwork. A few years later (1993 I believe) it was released again by Dutch East India, which is the version you see above. The artwork was changed up in this one, instead featuring the centre piece of "The Temptation of Saint Anthony" by Bosch.
Of course being a CD the packaging isn't overly interesting, although the lyrics insert does contain a piece about each band member, which I've just realised I haven't included a photo of. Each member includes ....
On the back of this are the lyrics to eight of the tracks, in a somewhat jumbled order. I'm not sure why they aren't all included and ordered randomly, perhaps it was due to space constraints on the insert.
Now what I think I need is to get is a copy of the original vinyl pressing, "Those Who Still Fear Tomorrow", perhaps I'll be keeping an eye out for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment