Sunday 14 October 2012

Pulling Teeth - Witches Sabbath VI 7"

Recently I posted about my goal to collect the Pulling Teeth Witches Sabbath series. Well that goal is still going, and here is my next in the series. This is number VI, which marks the end of the series of cover records by the band. I was initially going to get a copy from Discogs, but then I saw a copy going cheaper on Ebay. I was all set to place my bid, but then I saw an even cheaper copy for sale. This was actually from Firestarter records, who released the record in the first place. It just goes to show that people will try to rip you off wherever they can..
I don't really have a lot to add from the previous post; everything is pretty much the same as before. Much like number IV, the artwork is a piece from Francesco Maria Guazzo's Compendium Maleficarum, depicting people interacting with the supernatural.
Again, this is a one-sided reverse groove record, containing just one song. I'll have to be extra careful to keep the records with the correct artwork, I'm not sure there is any other way to physically distinguish between them. Of course audibly there is a major difference. Instead of 'Teenage Lobotomy', this time around Pulling Teeth cover 'Crawler' by Ink and Dagger.

Also like number IV, this was part of a special pre-order package. This was bundled with the Firestarter records exclusive CD version of Pulling Teeth's monumental album; 'Funerary'. In fact, as far as I know this bundle package is still available to purchase if you desire.
What's nice about getting this record directly from a label is the goodies that come along with it. First of all I received two stickers, which is always appreciated. However, a bit more exciting is the free demo CD-R I also received. I'd never heard of The Separation before, but for a short demo it isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment