Monday 22 October 2012

GOUM - Noise Sap CD

I've been hooked on GOUM since I first heard Rensa from their demo CD. I haven't been able to track down a copy of that yet, but got their demo tape and first 7" as soon as I could. These were just great and left me desperately wanting more from the band. Well after about a year since 'The Motherfetus", GOUM released their first full-length album - "Noisesap". Of course I desperately wanted a copy, but most of the sites selling were Japanese and thus poorly translated by google. Luckily I emailed Kotaro from Cyclone records/ Narm Discos and he was able to sort me out with a copy in a couple of days. Sadly it is only on CD so isn't quite as exciting as a nice new 12", but it's really all about the quality of the music right?
Noisesap brings 8 new tracks, spanning just over 32 minutes. All the elements from their previous work are still present; from the beautiful acoustic pieces such as 'Own Sins'  to the furious thrashing of 'Live to Live'. I don' think there's a point throughout the album that I wished wasn't there, it's all just excellent. And I still find it difficult to believe this band has a female vocalist!
 The CD has the usual band logo imprinted on the front, and comes with a nice lyrics booklet full of illustrations as you see above. 
I had a nice chat with Kotaro about how great the band is, and how much of a fan he is. If you're keen on this band (or similar bands like Parasite) I'd recommend getting in contact with him, it's probably one of the easiest transactions I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment