Friday 6 July 2012

The Love Below - Every Tongue Shall Caress 12"

After a demo, 7" EP and split with Homewrecker, "Every Tongue Shall Caress" is the debut LP by The Love Below. It contains 13 tracks of the most uncomfortably sounding hardcore I've ever come across, but I think it's fantastic. The beauty of this record really comes from the distinctiveness of the band's style. From the absolutely despair vocals to the ever changing tempos, I challenge you to find a hardcore record quite as unique sounding as this.
This LP has been pressed on black and black/tan vinyl and of course I picked up a black and tan version. It was a bit more expensive, but I'd say it was worth it. It complements the cover artwork perfectly, looks cool as when its spinning (especially on the edges) and is limited to just 150 copies. I guess I'm just a sucker for something more limited.
One word springs to mind when I look at the back of the cover, tongues. Tongues everywhere!
The uncomfortable artwork is continued on the insert, with four characters all seemingly joined by, you guessed it, TONGUES! I swear I just keep noticing little things on this piece every single time I look at it. On the reverse of the insert we have the lyrics to all of the songs.
All of the band's material is up online via their bandcamp page. For some reason the track order for this album is completely different to that on the record...

No comments:

Post a Comment