Friday 19 April 2013

Integrity - The Blackest Curse 12"

After picking up the controversial 2000 LP a little while ago, it occurred to me that I was one LP away from owning a copy of every Integrity album (excluding Closure which I'm pretty sure was not officially released on vinyl). I practically then went straight onto one of my two favourite internet sites and looked into getting The Blackest Curse. There was a surprising amount of these for sale, so picking up one was relatively hassle free.
Invisible ink has been used quite extensively and effectively on this release. I find it difficult to photograph well, but you can see the classic Integrity skull lurking behind the cover artwork and the track listing revealing itself on the back. I really like this technique and how it has become pretty much synonymous with Integ records.
This was released as aprt of a brief stint on Jacob Bannon's Deathwish label all the way back in 2010. I'm not sure how great this partnership worked out as nothing more was seen on DW after this release. Anyway, quite a few versions were put out, including white, clear, red etc. Mine is grey with some kind of black splatter effect and is part of the second pressing. If my memory serves me well (which it almost certainly doesn't) this was limited to something pretty high, like 1000 copies or something.
This also came with a rather sizeable poster. It's always great when these are included with records, but even better when they arrive along with second hand records. It's good to see it has been looked after well.
This was originally meant to come with a kind of artwork book, but I think there was some problem with getting this along with the records at the time. Luckily I already have the CD version which comes along with a CD sized version of the booklet.

4 comments:

  1. Closure wsa released on vynil by Victory Records, there's a green and black wax version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I am under the impression this is technically a bootleg version.

      Delete
  2. Victory didn't release Closure on vinyl. You're correct - it was some label in Australia that released it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Dustin, I was pretty sure I was right about that one

      Delete